Thank you, from the bottom of my heart (or my full sized aortic pump, as Joey Tribbiani calls it), for shopping small this past weekend. Whether you shopped small with The Tin Owl or elsewhere, thank you!!! Today is Giving Tuesday, and we wanted to share a few organizations we support here.
Additionally, 5% of our proceeds always go the following organizations:
- Friendship Bridge: Friendship Bridge helps eliminate poverty in Guatemala by empowering women through microfinance and education.
- Girls Who Code is a US national non-profit organization dedicated to closing the gender gap in technology.
- Malala Fund Founded in 2014, Malala Fund champions every girl’s right to 12 years of free, safe, quality education. They believe girls are the best investment in the future peace and prosperity of our world.
- TWLOHA To Write Love On Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
- Innocence Project The Innocence Project exonerates the wrongly convicted through DNA testing and reforms the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice
If we win the lottery, we'd love to donate all our proceeds to:
- The Southern Poverty Law Center
- Anne Frank Center For Mutual Respect
- PBS / NPR
- The Trevor Project
- The list goes on and on...
Thank you <3